BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate G45 BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-08-2024, 04:22 PM   #23
BigRam7151
Rep
Drives: x3

I mean this generations x3. I don’t feel like goes with many colors. The issue is the lack of lines and aggressiveness lends more to lighter colors in my opinion. I don’t love this car. I just couldn’t think of another option that really pulls me. My wife has a macan and she’s happy with it. I thought about getting an m3 but then have space issues and the leasing just sucks on it.

I had an e53 and ended up getting it bought back. I hated that car… ran back to bmw. There is something going on with Mercedes software development where it’s just bad. To me there is just nothing exciting to me about the car market.

At this point just getting what seems decent and that includes dune grey.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2024, 04:29 PM   #24
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRam7151 View Post
I mean this generations x3. I don’t feel like goes with many colors. The issue is the lack of lines and aggressiveness lends more to lighter colors in my opinion. I don’t love this car. I just couldn’t think of another option that really pulls me. My wife has a macan and she’s happy with it. I thought about getting an m3 but then have space issues and the leasing just sucks on it.

I had an e53 and ended up getting it bought back. I hated that car… ran back to bmw. There is something going on with Mercedes software development where it’s just bad. To me there is just nothing exciting to me about the car market.

At this point just getting what seems decent and that includes dune grey.
How about a different version of a BMWAG corporate product on a BMW platform and with BMW powertrain...about X1 size and roomier than an M3.

https://www.miniusa.com/model/countryman/jcw-all4.html
Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 09:50 AM   #25
Ravenous666
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 & 2024 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
How about a different version of a BMWAG corporate product on a BMW platform and with BMW powertrain...about X1 size and roomier than an M3.

https://www.miniusa.com/model/countryman/jcw-all4.html
The laggy 7speed dual clutch transmission in the X1 plattform is no comparison to the 8speed ZF gearbox in the X3.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 12:39 PM   #26
BigRam7151
Rep
Drives: x3

Yea it’s a different class of car. It’s a different platform etc. I generally go between 3 series and 5 series cars, which is not a massive difference between the two.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 09:45 PM   #27
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

I’m tempted by the Vegas Red. I see very few red colored cars on the road. Red color is out of fashion, I suppose. Which makes it more attractive to me. However there’s only one red I truly like and that is bright fire-engine red. Any other variation of red looks like it’s trying too hard and can’t compare to a nice fire-engine red. Audi often makes some nice reds. Ferrari makes a nice red, too, but I can’t afford a Ferrari.
Appreciate 0