BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate G45 BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-06-2024, 06:31 AM   #67
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwasabipeas View Post
Do you honestly expect the XM, which has a starting price of $160,000, to be a big seller? It's a complete niche vehicle. I'm sure the 2025 X3 will sell very well as it always has. It looks modern and makes the previous model look old and outdated.
BMW expected the XM's "modern look", which would make other models seem dated, to sell even if in relatively small numbers, but even those numbers didn't materialise.

It’s like fashion in clothing, a fad today ages very quickly, as opposed to a more classic design. Car colours are the same, and date a car.

The point is, irrespective of the price, the XM looks like a pig, and the G45 shares a similar look, but with a low-rent interior. Nice cheap plastic interior trim that sure does look modern, if your definition of modern is cheap.

I wanted the G45 to be a good effort, as it means I now need to look in a different direction for a G01 replacement.

The “earring aid” beige colour will look great in the fleet at the nursing home though.

Last edited by avi66; 07-07-2024 at 04:09 AM..
Appreciate 4
      07-06-2024, 09:32 AM   #68
PradaGirl
PradaGirl
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Thank God they actually allowed for either red or blue brake calipers. So tired of seeing the M Perf package force red calipers on most builds.
I am picking up a 2024 next weekend and it has red. I HATE red! I will see if I can beg my husband to swap those out. Even black would be better!
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2024, 09:39 AM   #69
PradaGirl
PradaGirl
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Always on high beam anti dazzle matrix LED masking continues to be disabled (option 5AP), but unlike the G01 there is no ability of recoding on this version of iDrive.
Question… in my ‘21, it said it had auto-on high beams. But, I always had to push the button to turn them on. That doesn’t meet the definition of AUTO-ON to me. Is there a trick to not having to push the button to get your high beams on? Once the button is pushed, they do their thing with the auto-off and cornering, etc. They just don’t stay set.
Is this what you’re referring to with the high beams being disabled? Is it possible to get it enabled? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2024, 10:43 AM   #70
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PradaGirl View Post
Question… in my ‘21, it said it had auto-on high beams. But, I always had to push the button to turn them on. That doesn’t meet the definition of AUTO-ON to me. Is there a trick to not having to push the button to get your high beams on? Once the button is pushed, they do their thing with the auto-off and cornering, etc. They just don’t stay set.
Is this what you’re referring to with the high beams being disabled? Is it possible to get it enabled? Thanks!
No, anti dazzle decoding disables BMW selective beam, which on your model swivels the high beam to the sides to avoid dazzle in traffic, whilst keeping the high beams on. This is the old pre LCI tech -

Basic auto high beam just puts the high beam on or off depending on if there’s traffic. Once activated you shouldn’t need to do it manually unless you don’t meet the speed or ambient darkness criteria of the auto system.

On my LCI there is a button on the end of the stalk to set high beams to auto and it remembers this setting. A green headlight symbol appears in the dash with letter A in it. Apart from the main headlight switch being set to auto, that’s it. My high beam is on all the time (blue dash symbol), even in traffic, once the speed and ambient darkness criteria is met.

You need to check your VIN to confirm the inclusion of adaptive headlights and auto high beam options.

If your car has these options and is a US model, it will also have another option for anti-dazzle decoding, which means no BMW selective high beam swivelling on your model year, even if it has the hardware options, just auto high beam on/off.

It may be possible to have this type of feature coded, but iirc it’s not an easy DIY job on the pre LCI, and may produce different result to the original BMW code depending on the coding.

Last edited by avi66; 07-07-2024 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-15-2024, 07:05 PM   #71
DocMarshall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 Ford Raptor

So my dealer thought the all season 20" setup was square, but this guide looks to be staggered. Possibly an error?

20" M Jet Black Bicolor 906M Wheels wit h All Season Tires
Front: 20x9.0, 255/45 R20
Rear: 20x10.5, 285/40 R20
ZMP x
(upgrade)
Code: 3HY
Style: 906M
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 07:26 PM   #72
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMarshall View Post
So my dealer thought the all season 20" setup was square, but this guide looks to be staggered. Possibly an error?

20" M Jet Black Bicolor 906M Wheels wit h All Season Tires
Front: 20x9.0, 255/45 R20
Rear: 20x10.5, 285/40 R20
ZMP x
(upgrade)
Code: 3HY
Style: 906M
Dealers have to get used to it to like us! I personally wouldn't get a staggered setup and folks looking into the 20" wheels may want to check if it's mandatory (I don't see any squared 20" setups in the Guide)!
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2024, 05:38 AM   #73
PradaGirl
PradaGirl
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, anti dazzle decoding disables BMW selective beam, which on your model swivels the high beam to the sides to avoid dazzle in traffic, whilst keeping the high beams on. This is the old pre LCI tech -

https://youtu.be/ipqlkJgRMk8?si=5tGzmm_C4jwXb-6C

Basic auto high beam just puts the high beam on or off depending on if there’s traffic. Once activated you shouldn’t need to do it manually unless you don’t meet the speed or ambient darkness criteria of the auto system.

On my LCI there is a button on the end of the stalk to set high beams to auto and it remembers this setting. A green headlight symbol appears in the dash with letter A in it. Apart from the main headlight switch being set to auto, that’s it. My high beam is on all the time (blue dash symbol), even in traffic, once the speed and ambient darkness criteria is met.

You need to check your VIN to confirm the inclusion of adaptive headlights and auto high beam options.

If your car has these options and is a US model, it will also have another option for anti-dazzle decoding, which means no BMW selective high beam swivelling on your model year, even if it has the hardware options, just auto high beam on/off.

It may be possible to have this type of feature coded, but iirc it’s not an easy DIY job on the pre LCI, and may produce different result to the original BMW code depending on the coding.
Thanks so much for all of that info!
I also had something at the end of where the turn signal was or whatever (I had to return the lease last year and I am buying a new one) - I would hit that button and it would remember while I was driving.
Unfor, the next night, I’d have to hit the button again. After that, it would stay on that night. Rinse, repeat.
I just want to make sure that if it doesn’t stay on every day after you push the button, then I should assume there is something wrong with it.

Best!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2024, 05:49 AM   #74
PradaGirl
PradaGirl
United_States
Rep

I have a totally new question and really need all of your opinions and facts (good, bad and ugly!).
I have the option to buy a ‘24 M50 pre-configured and almost matches my build. On the website, it looks like I can order a 2025 M50 exactly how I want it (aside from stagg wheels and how the steering wheel has a red line in it (I’d prefer blue) but can deal. I’d have to spend the money to get 2 diff back tires since they can’t be rotated.
My questions are: is it me, or is the 2025 M less expensive than the 2024 M? They brought back things like gesture control and got rid of the fake seats.

I need help deciding, please: do I get the ‘24 M that I will need to swap out trim and kidneys, or do I order the ‘25 and know I won’t have run-flats or a spare (I think?) and will have to swap the back tires out?

With the build cost, the sales guy is suggesting an x5, but I LOVE the throaty engine sound when it starts. Makes my day. 🥰 I know you get it!

Help!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2024, 05:58 AM   #75
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have a totally new question and really need all of your opinions and facts (good, bad and ugly!).
I have the option to buy a ‘24 M50 pre-configured and almost matches my build. On the website, it looks like I can order a 2025 M50 exactly how I want it (aside from stagg wheels and how the steering wheel has a red line in it (I’d prefer blue) but can deal. I’d have to spend the money to get 2 diff back tires since they can’t be rotated.
My questions are: is it me, or is the 2025 M less expensive than the 2024 M? They brought back things like gesture control and got rid of the fake seats.

I need help deciding, please: do I get the ‘24 M that I will need to swap out trim and kidneys, or do I order the ‘25 and know I won’t have run-flats or a spare (I think?) and will have to swap the back tires out?

With the build cost, the sales guy is suggesting an x5, but I LOVE the throaty engine sound when it starts. Makes my day. �� I know you get it!

Help!
MY25 X3s (G45) have a spare tire included as they have done away w/RF tires. You have to do a hard look at the interior as it's quite cheap and hard plastics everywhere (not to mention lack of buttons)!

If you buy a G45 M50 w/the intention of a squared setup, then you may need to get spacers to offset over a 1" difference in width (otherwise, it'll look weird). Personally, I don't like staggered setups but if I had no choice, I would keep the M50 staggered to avoid possible warranty issues (especially 1st year of a brand new gen)!

Last edited by EWL5; 07-24-2024 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2024, 06:29 AM   #76
avi66
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

With the build cost, the sales guy is suggesting an x5, but I LOVE the throaty engine sound when it starts. Makes my day. �� I know you get it!

Help!
Does the G45 have gesture control ?

When you say “M”, do you mean the X3 M40 G01 or X3 F97 M ? The latter is a true M car, and is more expensive, and higher performance than the G45 M50. It also has a sporty interior, complete with M Sport seats.

The G45 interior is low rent, lots of cheap black plastics, and the interior is about as sporty as a care home waiting room, plus no M Sport seat option.

Pretty much everything about the G45 M50 screams designed during covid, and cost cutting.

I was hoping the G45 would be a good option to consider, but it’s a not a chance for me. The X5 is a more premium option in terms of interior quality and options, but more expensive and bigger !

Last edited by avi66; 07-24-2024 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-24-2024, 11:15 AM   #77
PradaGirl
PradaGirl
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=avi66;31333881]Does the G45 have gesture control ?

When you say “M”, do you mean the X3 M40 G01 or X3 F97 M ? The latter is a true M car, and is more expensive, and higher performance than the G45 M50. It also has a sporty interior, complete with M Sport seats.

The G45 interior is low rent, lots of cheap black plastics, and the interior is about as sporty as a care home waiting room, plus no M Sport seat option.

Pretty much everything about the G45 M50 screams designed during covid, and cost cutting.

I was hoping the G45 would be a good option to consider, but it’s a not a chance for me. The X5 is a more premium option in terms of interior quality and options, but more expensive and bigger !

I’m referring to the ‘25 x3 M50. It used to be the M40. I haven’t seen one in person, but you guys have made the same observations and I greatly appreciate it!
If I decide to go for the ‘24 M40, I will miss the gesture control for sure! It always made me laugh because my Mom can’t talk without using her hands and she would do crazy things with the radio! 🤣

I would like to actually see the x5 in person and maybe drive it. Obviously, it’s bigger and I don’t have the budget for the ‘25 M (not the real M- just the M sport that is comparable to the x3 I am looking at and had before). My husband is convinced that I will miss the sound when it starts because it doesn’t have any M sounds/design. However, it does have massaging seats. I’ve had my spine fused and am in constant pain. I don’t know if they are actually worthwhile since they can’t figure out ventilated seats + comfort at the same time. My old Lexus had very comfy vent seats- it’s not that hard! I may just invest in a massaging thing that attaches to the seat. Again, hubby voiced his concern that I might fall asleep! lol. I like the continual dashboard in the 5 and it will have more room for my dog, but he drives a suburban to pull our horse trailer (hence my smaller budget), so that is covered.
From what you guys have said, it seems like I should stick with the ‘24 x3 and just make the little int trim and kidney changes I have planned.
Thanks so much!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2024, 07:05 PM   #78
DocMarshall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post
MY25 X3s (G45) have a spare tire included as they have done away w/RF tires. You have to do a hard look at the interior as it's quite cheap and hard plastics everywhere (not to mention lack of buttons)!

If you buy a G45 M50 w/the intention of a squared setup, then you may need to get spacers to offset over a 1" difference in width (otherwise, it'll look weird). Personally, I don't like staggered setups but if I had no choice, I would keep the M50 staggered to avoid possible warranty issues (especially 1st year of a brand new gen)!
Per the BMW Genius you can reach via BMWUSA.com, the M50 will have an available square setup. It's the 3HY 906M all season set. It says staggered on the ordering guide on this site, but BMW says it's not. I ordered this set, so I'll tell you in a month or two lol.
Appreciate 1
EWL51100.00
      07-25-2024, 03:51 AM   #79
MidnightLight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Per the BMW Genius you can reach via BMWUSA.com, the M50 will have an available square setup. It's the 3HY 906M all season set. It says staggered on the ordering guide on this site, but BMW says it's not. I ordered this set, so I'll tell you in a month or two lol.
The US configurator describes the 906M as "Staggered All Season", which aligns with the ordering guide. I'm betting that the person you reached is wrong. But yes we'll see soon enough.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2024, 02:39 PM   #80
PhantomOpera
2023guy
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw x3 m40i

Allocation accepted. My only gripe is that you can’t get 21’s with all season tires. I can put my safety in jeopardy, or order winters which are $450 a piece. Looks like if u get the 21’s they will ship with the Goodyear F1 asymmetric 6 max performance summer tire.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 04:28 PM   #81
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOpera View Post
Allocation accepted. My only gripe is that you can’t get 21’s with all season tires. I can put my safety in jeopardy, or order winters which are $450 a piece. Looks like if u get the 21’s they will ship with the Goodyear F1 asymmetric 6 max performance summer tire.
I have 21" staggered wheels (part of AMG Night Package) on my GLS but they were AS. Kinda sad BMW is punting on AS tires on the M50s as Northern US and Canadian customers will be in danger!

Wheels get bigger...cars get more dangerous...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 04:33 PM   #82
PhantomOpera
2023guy
Rep
Drives: 2023 bmw x3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post
I have 21" staggered wheels (part of AMG Night Package) on my GLS but they were AS. Kinda sad BMW is punting on AS tires on the M50s as Northern US and Canadian customers will be in danger!
Yes and there’s only about 3 different all season offerings extremely limited sizing for 21s. It’s cheaper to run a 265/40/21 and 295/35/21 it appears.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 05:02 PM   #83
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOpera View Post
Why'd you block out your color? Some cool surprise individual?
      07-26-2024, 08:54 AM   #84
DocMarshall
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightLight View Post
The US configurator describes the 906M as "Staggered All Season", which aligns with the ordering guide. I'm betting that the person you reached is wrong. But yes we'll see soon enough.
Yup, I think the genius guy was wrong as well. My BMW Garage shows my car as coming with the 906M wheels in 'staggered all season'.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2024, 09:13 AM   #85
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yup, I think the genius guy was wrong as well. My BMW Garage shows my car as coming with the 906M wheels in 'staggered all season'.
Months before a new gen starts hitting lots is about the only chance we'll know more than the BMW genius crew. LOL!
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2024, 06:15 PM   #86
PradaGirl
PradaGirl
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=PradaGirl;31334711]
Quote:
Does the G45 have gesture control ?

I’m referring to the ‘25 x3 M50. It used to be the M40. I haven’t seen one in person, but you guys have made the same observations and I greatly appreciate it!
If I decide to go for the ‘24 M40, I will miss the gesture control for sure! It always made me laugh because my Mom can’t talk without using her hands and she would do crazy things with the radio! 🤣

I would like to actually see the x5 in person and maybe drive it. Obviously, it’s bigger and I don’t have the budget for the ‘25 M (not the real M- just the M sport that is comparable to the x3 I am looking at and had before). My husband is convinced that I will miss the sound when it starts because it doesn’t have any M sounds/design. However, it does have massaging seats. I’ve had my spine fused and am in constant pain. I don’t know if they are actually worthwhile since they can’t figure out ventilated [...]

So, I went ahead and got the ‘24 M40. I don’t like the black ash trim and will see if I can swap that out with the aluminum. The interior is oyster and the outside is dark grey. The red calipers look ok- better than I thought they would. I took your advice on not getting the ‘25 due to the interior. I did sit in a ‘25 x5 and I was shocked at how comfortable the ventilated seats were. But- I have to say I didn’t drive it or sit in it for very long. The sales guy said it is still the least selected option due to their lack of comfort. I just HAD to get something higher than my beloved 30 year old Celica GT. I love that car! It was the first car I bought out of college. I tried to teach the kids how to drive a manual and it was too painful! It has less than 80k miles, so I keep it for fun and drive it here and there.
As mentioned before, I feel as if my spine is rear ended again, that is the nail in my coffin. Yes, I am crazy enough to gallop over jumps in fields at about 20 mph. I love riding! I also love speeding, too - GUILTY!! I need to be able to continue to ride and work. I worry, immensely, that if someone wrecks my spine up in a collision, I will be paralyzed. I figured that I had 2 choices. 1- drive a bigger car like my husband’s suburban (da burb) or 2- drive a car that is safer. We were rear ended on my way to my first knee replacement surgery by someone texting and driving in the HOV lanes (I live outside of DC) at 75 mph. I was driving a Lexus 450h at the time and it held up like a brick wall and I was impressed! I had a sore knee but it was going to be replaced anyway. That was it. I was able to walk away. The guy’s Camry was totaled! His front end was so smashed in that the headlights were right below the windshield and he had to go to the hospital. It was awful! I expect the same amount of safety from my bemur!!
I’ve had a few Hondas (I will NEVER own another Civic- they total if you look at them wrong), Toyota (I’ve had a Camry and a Celica) a few Fords (my first car as a teenager was a Festiva) and some Chevys. So, while I enjoy taking the Celica out for a joy ride here and there, locally, I drive in fear. We have crazy people around where I live who brake-check and hope you slam into them. They are crazy! They even do it to the big rigs.
So, I did order a dash camera from BMW and I have to have them install it so I don’t void the warranty. That sucks a little, but better safe than sorry. I went ahead and got it because I wanted something higher up because it is easier for my knees and spine to get in and out. Getting old sucks! I don’t drive a lot, but I do have a 2 hr commute one way that I do a few days per week and go to some doctors appointments. I didn’t think the extra 15-30k for the x5 or x5 M60 was worth it for me. I was mad when I got to the dealership because I had discussed getting the x3 I selected at 2.99%. He told me it had gone up to 4.99% when I showed up. I ended up leasing for now. I am hoping that post-election, the rates will drop again and the price of everything will go down. If that does happen, I will purchase the vehicle. I had to make a decision that day because he had others interested since the ‘24 M40’s were few and far between. I have heard all the sales BS, but I do have a good relationship with them. They delivered my car to me in ‘21 because I had surgery in between test driving and purchasing. They brought the papers for me to sign to my house. It couldn’t have been easier. They picked it up from me when I had to turn it in early due to my spinal fusion. And, they came to pick me up the other day when I went to the dealership and I am about 1.5 hrs away from them.
So far so good! I did get perf run flats but I have a spare. The throaty sound in my previous x3 M40 was louder than the current one. I really hope they aren’t trying to do away with that. I love that sound!! If I weren’t broken, I would 100% be in a 600 or 800 coupe sports car or a Porsche 911 for sure!
I greatly appreciate everyone’s honest input and I like it so far. And, since I decided to lease even though I will have to pay property tax on it for crazy reasons (talk about something that needs to be abolished! We pay taxes when we get the vehicle regardless of a lease or purchase. When is it enough tax to the state??), I can always consider a different model or options at lease end.
Thanks so much!! And I am happy to be back in a BMW! 🥳
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2024, 08:14 PM   #87
EWL5
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Congrats and hope you stay accident free!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2024, 02:34 PM   #88
Next Level Auto Brokers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M car specialist

AUGUST program just came out for the 25 x3s!

2025 x3 30i and M50

.00222 base rate MF
53% residual for 15k miles
$500 loyalty incentive

5.59% for up to 60 months through BMWFS
5.09% for 72 months

Shoot for 6-7% off MSRP before incentives
Phone: 201-429-7045
Email: nextlevelautobrokers@gmail.com
http://www.nextlevelautobrokers.com
Appreciate 0